Board of Directors:
CATTICUS CORPORATION was established in 1980 as a 501(c)(3)nonprofit by Brian Fagan, a UC Santa Barbara professor of anthropology.
Our mission is twofold: to enable the creation of film and radio programs that enrich our understanding of the world around us, and to prudently manage the funds that foundations, endowments and private donors entrust to our stewardship on the artists' behalf. To those ends, we:
- Review proposals and budgets and provide informed and knowledgeable feedback.
- Assist with contracts between artists and funders, ensuring protection for all concerned.
- Provide documentation and reporting so donors and producers know how funds are being spent.
- Manage the submission of reports, and fulfillment of contracted obligations.
- Maintain our IRS status to ensure donations are tax-deductible and essential production funds continue to flow to producers.
Shirley Kessler: Executive Producer & Administrator
Natalie Powers: Financial Officer
Accountants: Bregante and Company, San Francisco
Legal Advisors: Colvin and Adler, San Francisco